Kooth - the free online counselling and emotional well-being support service for young people aged 11-25 years.
We are delighted to inform you that NHS Hampshire, Southampton and Isle of Wight has commissioned the online counselling service Kooth, a service delivered by Kooth Plc.
Kooth is an integral component of our local mental health provision offering digital counselling and emotional well-being service for young people from 24th May 2021.
Kooth is a free online counselling and emotional well-being support service providing young people aged 11-25 years (up to 26thbirthday) in Hampshire, Southampton and Isle of Wight with a safe and secure means of accessing support with their emotional health and wellbeing needs from a professional team of qualified counsellors. By accessing Kooth students can benefit from:
- A free, confidential, anonymous and safe way to receive support online.
- Out of hours’ availability. Counsellors are available from 12noon to 10pm on weekdays and 6pm to 10 pm at weekends, every day of the year on a drop in basis.
- Online Counselling from a professional team of BACP qualified counsellors is available via 1-1 chat sessions or messaging on a drop in basis or via booked sessions.
- Discussion Boards which are all pre-moderated allow young people to access peer to peer support.
- Online Magazine full of moderated articles many of which are submitted by young people offering advice and guidance on a huge range of topics.
- No referral is required. Young people can register for kooth independently at www.kooth.com
To use the service or find out more visit www.Kooth.com
You can also view a short video about the service by following this link: Kooth Video